OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win, you must be: (i) A resident of British Columbia ("BC"); (ii) 21 years of age or older; (iii) hold a valid passport. If entering through text, you must also be registered as an MGD Insider. If you are not already registered as an MGD Insider, follow the instructions on the text message you receive after you have entered. You are not eligible to win, if you are: a) an employee of Molson Canada 2005, SABMiller plc, (collectively, the "Sponsors"), or any of their respective affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; or c) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins on or around October 17, 2012 at participating BC Liquor Stores in BC and ends at 23:59:59 pm (PST) on November 24, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest:
a. By Text-Message: Using a wireless handset device with text message capability, text the word "ORIGINS" to "14747". Standard text messaging rates apply. Check your service carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees. All entries must be received by November 24, 2012 at 23:59:59 PST on (the "Entry Deadline" and "Contest Closing Date"). Limit: one (1) entry per person per day per wireless handset cell number.
b. By Mail: Mail a hand-printed self-addressed envelope with a 50 word original hand-written essay on the topic: What about Chicago do you love? – (the "Essay"). Mail this Essay along with your full name, address, birthdate, daytime and evening telephone numbers and date of entry to: MGD Origins Tour Sweepstakes c/o Molson Coors Canada #100, 1400 Kensington Road NW, Calgary, AB T2N 3P9 (together, the "Entry"). Entries must bear sufficient postage. Upon receipt of the Essay, an entry will be entered into the Contest on behalf of the Essay writer listed on the entry. Entries must be submitted by the entrant him/herself. Only original, hand-printed entries will be eligible; no photocopies or other reproductions. Entries must be postmarked by November 21, 2012 and received no later than November 24, 2012. Limit: one (1) entry per outer stamped envelope per person per day.
3. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize (the "Prize") available to be won. The Prize consists of: (i) two (2) round trip economy class airline tickets departing from the closest International Canadian airport to the winner’s residence as determined by Sponsors (connecting flights and additional transportation may be required) and onward to Chicago, Illinois (the "Trip"); (ii) three (3) nights in a luxury hotel (standard room accommodations/double occupancy) in Chicago and one (1) night (standard room accommodations/double occupancy) in a luxury hotel in Milwaukee; (iii) round trip ground transportation for two (2) between Chicago and Milwaukee, Wisconsin; (iv) two (2) passes for a tour of the Miller Brewery (the "Event"); and; (iv) $1,000.00 CAD spending money. Approximate value: $8,000.00 CAD. Actual value will depend on location of winner’s residence. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
Winner and his/her guest shall be responsible for any costs or expenses not specifically described above as included in the Prize, including but not limited to ground transportation to and from the winner’s residence and departure airport, any additional ground transportation, travel and/or medical insurance, drinks, meals, gratuities, taxes, airport improvement and security fees and all incidental and personal expenses. Winner will be required to use a credit card at hotel check in to cover any incidentals not specified as included in the Prize. Winner and his/her guest must travel together departing from the same airport on the times and dates required or the Prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements, accommodations and the scheduled Event will be arranged by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Once the travel itinerary has been finalized between winner and Sponsors; no changes can be made unless approved by Sponsors. Winner and his/her guest will be required to follow all directions given by the Sponsors and/or Event organizers; failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Prize and/or Event.
It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her respective guest to obtain all required travel documents including a valid passport (or visa, if applicable). Winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and both winner and guest must not have any legal restrictions which would prevent them from traveling to the United States or otherwise participate in the Trip. Sponsors will not be held responsible in the event that the winner and/or their guest are denied entry into the United States or re-entry to Canada. In such an event, the winner and/or their guest will be solely responsible for any and all costs incurred, and the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guest will not be permitted into any licensed area unless they can show valid identification to verify proof of legal drinking age (21 years of age or older) in the applicable states. Sponsors do not condone and will not be held responsible for any illegal purchase or consumption of alcohol.
Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value if a Prize or any part of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsors will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, Event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prize will only be released to the verified winner. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
4. DRAWING: On or around November 28, 2012, a random drawing will be conducted from the total number of entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify the selected entrant by phone. Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by phone. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within five (5) business days; (ii) fails to answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsors the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant and his/her guest within the time period indicated on such forms; the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability form, releasing Molson Canada 2005, SABMiller plc, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability in connection with this Contest or the Prize. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto, or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The name of guest cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by Sponsors or their agent.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the release provided in paragraph 5 above, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the receipt and collection thereof; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email or text messages to be received by or from Sponsors for any reason including but not limited to the traffic congestion on the Internet at any website or any other mode of electronic transmission, or a combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system or device occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; and f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of winner(s), or the distribution of any Prize.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest. By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their name, address (city, province), voice, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent.
8. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or amend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsors, or any contest judging organization as designated by them, are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. Sponsors and other Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by mobile phone failures, text messaging errors, failures or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a text entry, the text entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the wireless cell phone number from which the text entry was submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a wireless cell phone number by a wireless cell phone service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning wireless cell phone numbers. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the wireless cell phone number associated with the selected entry.
Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors, any individual that they find or believe to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any of its technical or mechanical elements; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY USED AS PART OF THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.